Sunday, October 02, 2011

My final tally on the DC comics relaunch

Here's where I came out on those of the new 52 that I read.  Overall, like I said in my prior post, I thought there were some pretty strong comics.  Even the "maybes" had some good issues in them.


Strong Yes:


Action Comics
Animal Man
Aquaman
Batman
Batwoman
Swamp Thing
Wonder Woman


Conditional Yes:

Batgirl
Flash
Green Lantern
Justice League*
Supergirl**
Superboy**

* The first issue was not spectacular, but I have a good feeling that Johns and Lee are going to bring their "A game" to this title
** Realistically, probably only going to stick with one of these


Maybe (but I'll still read issue 2):

Batman and Robin ***
Captain Atom
Demon Knights
Detective Comics***
Frankenstein
Justice League Dark
Stormwatch****
Superman

*** A Fine issue, but I am only going to subscribe to 1 Batman comic
**** This the one I most wanted to love, and I'm really hoping it gets better

Probably not (but I might check in from time to time):

Deathstroke
Firestorm
Green Lantern Corps
Justice League International
Nightwing

Thanks But No Thanks (1 issue was plenty):

Catwoman*****
Men of War
OMAC
Red Hood and the Outlaws

***** I actually am sort of curious about this, but there's a lot of comics out there that I liked that I don't have huge problems with.

No comments: